Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Week 24: 3/8/2017 - 3/16/2017

Work Accomplished: 

This week, I had to write an R script with the help of Jenna. I am still working on the R script that will be able to process our excel files once I export the data from Tobii Studios. I've collected user pre and post questionnaire data for the users who participate in our Stack Overflow Eye Tracking study. I have those files stored on my computer and I have to upload them to our Dropbox. I also wrote an abstract for YSU's QUEST in April. I attended a digital media conference in New York City over spring break and it gave me perspective from software developers working in newsrooms. The outbreak of digital media will continue to grow and it was interesting to see the software that some of the outlets use to track data. Storyful, a news outlet that gathers data from social platforms around the world, uses a heatmap to store and track news articles/video from around the world. It's refreshing to know that even traditional media outlets are starting to realize the importance of online content and data technology. 

Work Accomplished: Collected more data, submitted QUEST abstract for review. 

Future Work: Present poster at QUEST, finish R script to export user data and submit pre/post questionnaire data to Dropbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment