Saturday, March 18, 2017

Week 24: 3/8/2017 - 3/14/2017

Work Accomplished

This past week I worked on writing and submitting my abstract for a poster to QUEST at YSU. My poster will be about mining eye-tracking data using sequential analysis techniques; a presentation of the paper we submitted to MSR a few weeks ago. I also spent time touching base with Dr. Sharif (outside of our regular meeting time) to discuss next steps for our StackOverflow data analysis and I got a clearer picture of the data pre-processing steps we need to complete in the coming weeks:
  1. Create one excel file with the TobiiStudio Field name shown on the left for each participant with all tasks
  2. Create a file for each task with all participant data with relevant experiment field name data columns
  3. Create a file for each task with fixation and duration data merged. All other columns remain as in step 2.
I will be working with Alyssa in the next few weeks to accomplish these steps.

I also found out yesterday that I will be receiving the 2017 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship. So, that was exciting news!!

https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/AwardeeList.do?method=loadAwardeeList

Goal

Weekly goal(s) - In the next week, I will be working on step 1 of the pre-processing steps listed above and on my poster for QUEST.
Long-term goal(s) - In the next few weeks, I will be working with Alyssa to accomplish the pre-processing steps listed above.

Outcome(s)

  1. Clear next steps for data pre-processing for the StackOverflow project
  2. QUEST poster abstract submission

No comments:

Post a Comment