Work AccomplishedThis past week I finalized my poster for QUEST titled, Towards Mining Eye-tracking Datasets for Expertise Prediction, and sent it to printing. I also finished the R script to complete step 3 of the data pre-processing steps that merges rows in each task's dataframe based on the fixation index. The hardest part about writing this R script was selecting the correct merging pattern for each data field across each dataset. I also completed a fellowship application to our Phi Kappa Phi chapter at YSU.
GoalWeekly goal(s) - In the next week, I will be double checking keywords that Alyssa makes for the non-eyetracking keyword selection. I will also be working to gather statistics on the new datasets I created, such as the number of views of each AOI per task per participant and across participants. This should help us narrow down keywords.
Long-term goal(s) - Predict keywords by modifying the process of a propose method for keyword prediction in a Kaggle competition by incorporating eye-tracking. We will also predict keywords without eye-tracking and compare the two keyword sets generated. These keywords inform our tags, so determining them will tell us which pieces of code and/or text in a StackOverflow document are pertinent to tag selection.
- QUEST poster sent to printing and final draft completed
- R script to complete step 3 of the data pre-processing steps written (see above explanation of step 3)
- Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship application completed