Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Week 10: 11/1/2016 - 11/8/2016

This past week I finished our poster presentation's abstract and proposal for the 2017 Ohio Celebration of Women in Computing Conference. I will be presenting the expertise prediction work that we performed during the CREU 2014-2015 year. I learned how to modify .cls files in LaTeX to improve the formatting of the LaTeX proposal. I also learned how to find the most important details of our research in order to cut the proposal to one page. I look forward to submitting the proposal and abstract this week.

I also had two technical phone interviews with Google last Wednesday, 11/2/2016. I think they went well. I was able to come up with pseudo code or an algorithm for each problem I was posed. I also was able to analyze the runtimes of the algorithms and suggest improvements to the algorithms to optimize them. I should find out if I am moving forward in their interview process this week. Either way, it was a good learning experience and test of my technical skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment