Thursday, November 17, 2016

Week 11: 11/8/2016 - 11/15/2016

This past week was pretty busy! I prepared for and had a Facebook phone interview on Friday, 11/11/16. I think it went pretty well. I was able to write almost a full working solution to the problem that was posed and to analyze the run-time. I spoke with an engineer who works on the back-end of the search feature of the Facebook website. His work involves combining different search result features into one system that searches for multiple different types of information in one search. It also tries to figure out which information would be most important to the searcher. Unfortunately, I was not chosen to move on to the Host Matching for Google, but I enjoyed the interview process.

I also studied for and took the GRE for a second time on Tuesday, 11/15/16. I did a little bit better in quantitative analysis than I did before, but I went down by 1 point in verbal reasoning. Overall my scores from the past two times I took it (including this time) puts me in the 70th percentile in verbal and the 76th percentile in quantitative. Ideally I would like to do better, but overall I am happy with my scores.

Finally, I made minor edits to and submitted our poster presentation proposal to OCWiC 2017 and reviewed the paper write-up that Alyssa did for the paper, Tag Recommendation in Software Information Sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment