Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Week 4: 9/20/2016 - 9/27/2016

This past week I read two papers, Gaze-tracked Crowdsourcing and Reading Without Words: Eye Movements in the Comprehension of Comic Strips.

The Gaze-tracked Crowdsourcing paper tries to determine whether the gaze-tracking of workers during word disambiguation task solving can disclose useful information that can improve the task output. The authors of this paper arrived at two interesting results: first, that the majority of thier participants read from the beginning to the end in order until they found a strong enough sense distinguishing word, and second, the rest of the participants preferred fast text skimming. It would be interesting to determine whether this behavior holds true when software developers view stack overflow documents when trying to determine the appropriate tag for the questions.

The other paper, Reading Without Words: Eye Movements in the Comprehension of Comic Strips, I am assigned to read and summarize for our 10/4/2016 meeting. I decided to intially read and create a PowerPoint presentation early, because the paper is longer and I know I will need to take another pass at it this week. I will explain my observations of this paper in my next blog post.
trackiof workers during word disambiguation task solving
can disclose useful information that can improve the task
output.

No comments:

Post a Comment