Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week 2: 9/6/16- 9/13/2016

This week, my contributions were to read a paper entitled 'Synthesizing Image Representations of Linguistic and Topological Features for Predicting Areas of Attention.' Ali presented the material at our weekly meeting, and I felt I gained a better grasp of the concept after her presentation. The study was designed to test students in our field on how they retain information after reading a document, and how they comprehend and remember reading material in a given time span. Subjects were asked to retain as much information as they could and then reiterate that information in a ten second sprint. They were also asked to read a document and find the answers in the text. This is important to study because it shows how men and women retain information and how fast they are able to remember pertinent information, a needed strength in our field. 

Next week, I will be presenting my analysis of Galina's study 'Predict Closed Questions on Stack Overflow' so I can relate to this week's presentation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment