Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week 2: 9/6/2016-9/13/2016

This past week I spent most of my time getting ready for Tapia. I leave tomorrow morning and I am very excited! I have two interviews lined up with Bloomberg L.P. and BNY Mellon, and I give my poster presentation about the work we did in CREU last year also all on Thursday. I printed out copies of my resume and CV to pass out at the career fair and talking points for my poster presentation. More importantly, I took the time to make substantial revisions to our poster.

I also read, Synthesizing Image Representations of Linguistic and Topological Features for Predicting Areas of Attention, in order to learn more about linguistic analysis techniques combined with eye-tracking data. The results of the paper show that for a precise reading and a question answering task, the linear combination of image representations of linguistic features helps to explain the gaze
evidence of readers within the same document.

Finally, I looked into the StackOverflow support for iTrace. I determined that iTrace can only provide us with which different portions of a StackOverflow document a person looked at. It does not give you meta-data for those portions, although the capability is there.

Pictures from Tapia are to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment