Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Week 7: 10/11/2016 - 10/18/2016

This past week I prepared for and participated in a press conference at YSU for Dr. Sharif's NSF CAREER award. She and I spoke about the eye-tracking research we are doing, which includes the work we do with CREU. I spoke about how big of an impact this research has had on my future academic career.  It was an honor to participate in the celebration of Dr. Sharif's achievements, as she has been an excellent mentor and friend.
Here is a publicity video from YSU showing portions of the press conference:

I also took the GRE on Saturday, October 15, 2016, so I spent most of my week preparing for that. My unofficial scores were respectable, but should be a little bit higher. I am planning on taking the GRE again on Tuesday, November 15, 2016. I am excited to be one step closer to finishing my graduate school applications!

I am currently attending the 2016 Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing in Houston, Texas. I am looking forward to a great time and will have pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment