Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week 6: 10/4/2016 - 10/11/2016

This past week I came up with possible tags for each of the StackOverflow questions Ali created for the study we will be conducting, read the paper Towards Predicting the Best Answers in Community-Based Question-Answer Services, finished the second revision of the paper we submitted to YSU's Honors College Journal, and spoke at the Hyland and OCWiC Women in Tech Event about my research and my experiences at OCWiC in 2015.

On Saturday (10/8/2016) I spent the afternoon at Hyland in Westlake, Ohio talking about the eye-tracking research I do with the CREU program and my experience presenting that work at the 2015 Ohio Celebration of Women in Computing. I also highlighted the CREU program as something the women there should consider doing. A picture from the event can be seen to the right.

I also read the paper, Towards Predicting the Best Answers in Community-Based Question-Answer Services. It addressed the problem of predicting if an answer may be selected as the "best" answer, based on learning from labeled data. The contributions of this paper that will be interesting for our CREU work are the designed features that measure key aspects of an answer and the features that heavily influence whether an answer is the "best" answer. They concluded that the best answer is usually the one with more details and comments and the one that is most different than the others. We would like to predict the best answer on StackOverflow documents using eye-tracking features, so this is a beneficial paper to read towards that goal.

Finally, I finished the second revisions for the paper we submitted to the YSU Honors College Journal about the work we performed in the CREU 2015-2016 program. I also created tags I though were approriate for the StackOverflow questions we will be using for our study.

No comments:

Post a Comment