Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Week 5: 9/27/2016 - 10/4/2016

After re-reading all of the articles we have analyzed since the start of our project, I created a summary (using a table) of features for each study in Microsoft Word. It displays the author name, date, dataset, a list of methods used, a list of features and the results of each finding. I then analyzed the sample train data that I had started sorting through last week and have made a list of tags that I find best suits the questions asked by users on StackOverflow. By analyzing the Kaggle dataset, I feel more confident in examining the questions our group has come up with to predict what tags would best fit each question. Once we reconvene and compare our tags, we will be that much closer to setting up our study and gathering participants. 

I also read through the article: "Reading Without Words: Eye Movements in the Comprehension of Comic Strips", and listened to the presentation of its analysis from my group member, Jenna. In the study, participants were asked to view a single comic strip panel, one in order and one randomized, and then a set of 6 panels, both ordered and randomized. The study focused on gaze fixation of each participant and wanted to investigate how disrupting each person's view of reading a comic strip would affect their attention. The conclusion showed that skewing a person's way of viewing a comic strip slows down their comprehension of the narrative. I think analyzing these studies will help us when we are finalizing our experiment of tag prediction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment