Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 20: 2/8/2017 - 2/14/2017

Work Accomplished

This past week I created a lightning talk slide show for my poster presentation at OCWiC 2017 (coming up on the 24th of February). I will be presenting the same poster I presented at Tapia (last semester) about the machine learning expertise prediction we did in last year's CREU project. We found that eye-tracking data on software developers solving bugs provide us with a feasible way to predict developer expertise using machine learning algorithms. I also traveled to the University of Notre Dame on a graduate school visit for their Ph.D. program in Computer Science. From this trip I learned that I want to do research in the area of source code summarization and generating source code from the English language.

I did not have time to re-run the ABB eye-tracking data and add support for method call and method use differentiation in our sequential analysis of this data. These goals will roll over to next week.

Goal
Weekly goal(s) - In the next week, I plan to re-run the ABB eye-tracking data we collected on the newly updated fixation filter in iTrace and include support in our sequential analysis for differentiating between a method call and a method use.
Long-term goal(s) - To perform many more (roughly 8) sequential analyses on the ABB eye-tracking data after adjustments to the fixation filter and STS data creation R scripts. This will be done to determine variance in expert and novice eye gaze patterns during bug fixes.

Outcome(s)
  1. Lightning talk slide show for OCWiC created
  2. Graduate school visit to the University of Notre Dame; decided my area of study in graduate school

No comments:

Post a Comment