Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Week 19: 2/1/2017 - 2/8/2017

Accomplishments: 

This week, I gathered more participants for our Stack Overflow study. I'm at 5 members so far and with more scheduled next week so I will be able to meet my goal of at least 6. I finished my poster about the results of our eye tracking study regarding participant tag scores based on novices v.s. non-novices. I also finished the lightning talk PowerPoint to accompany my poster. After I receive the last participant, I will be ready to start the data analysis. 

Goals: 

Weekly Goal: Gather participants

Long Term Goal: Use the participant data gathered to conduct another analysis and train a machine algorithm to create a tag prediction system for Stack Overflow. We may or may not look into how to automatically predict keywords in the text as well. 

I am also working on an Operating Systems project with a few other students in the department, and it is going to take up a lot of my time. Practicing the Unix commands will help me with Apache Spark so I'm excited to be able to do these simultaneously. 



No comments:

Post a Comment