Friday, February 10, 2017

Week 19: 2/1/2017 - 2/8/2017

Work Accomplished
This past week I wrote the Results section of the paper we are submitting to the Mining Software Repositories conference about mining eye-tracking data for software tasks. I finished generating all the entropy, turbulence, and similarity metrics results for all tasks. After including these results nicely in the Results section, I added bullet points of information in the Discussion and Future Work sections (Dr. Sharif and Dr. Lazar will be finishing the Introduction/Related Work and the Conclusion/Discussion/Future Work sections). I went back and made minor editing changes to the sections I wrote. I also presented a more mathematical intense variation of the similarity metrics work at the 2017 Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics on Saturday.

Goal
Weekly goal(s) - In the next week, I plan to re-run the ABB eye-tracking data we collected on the newly updated fixation filter in iTrace (some bugs were fixed that may change our results) and include support in our sequential analysis for differientiating between a method call and a method use (which are distinct source code elements). I am also going on a graduate school visit to the University of Notre Dame. This may cause some of my weekly goals to roll over to the next week.
Long-term goal(s) - To perform many more (roughly 8) sequential analyses on the ABB eye-tracking data after adjustments to the fixation filter and STS data creation R scripts.

Outcome(s)
  1. Results for entropy, turbulence, and similarity metrics computations on our eye-tracking data
  2. Completed Results section and final touches of my portions of the MSR paper
  3. Presentation given at NCUWM

No comments:

Post a Comment