Thursday, January 26, 2017

Weeks 16 & 17: 1/11/2017 - 1/25/2017

These past two initial weeks back to school have been hectic, so I decided to combine the posts for the last two weeks together. In addition to beginning data analysis on our Stack Overflow project, I have been working on a separate data analysis to expand upon our expertise prediction analysis from CREU 15-16.  This analysis looks at the ABB eye-tracking data we collected in a different fashion than machine learning prediction algorithms. I used sequential analysis techniques from an R package to look at the data as sequences, so the order of what participants looked at is taken into consideration. Initial results show significant difference in the gaze patterns of novices versus expert. The most challenging part of my analyses was dealing with how large the sequence data is for eye-tracking data. I had to manipulate the R package I was working with to make some of the analyses work with such large data.

We intend to submit these results to a journal and to the Mining Software Engineering Repositories conference (MSR). So, this past two weeks I created and presented a presentation about the analyses I performed to get an idea of what to submit to MSR. I also moved the beginnings of our journal paper to Overleaf in order to write the paper collaboratively.

This past weekend I participated in a 4 day mathematical modeling competition called COMAP. I worked with two other students to model the merging of cars following a toll booth barrier. We wrote and submitted a report detailing our model.

No comments:

Post a Comment