Saturday, December 17, 2016

Week 15: 12/06/2016 - 12/13/2016

I have concluded my contribution to the study in regards to how developers read & comprehend stack overflow questions for tag assignment. I went in with the objectives of figuring out where developers focus most and what were the most valuable areas of interest (AOIs). What I discovered is that often time, fixation count and fixation duration distributions correlated among AOIs I defined. I found that when questions get more complex, participants (especially those with more experience programming) spend more time on code and less time on title. I found that overall those with more experience use the code more and more to assign tags while those with less experience might rely on plain text such as title and description to assign tags. Keywords were an important feature in the questions for users as they fixated on them early and often revisited. I hope this will be useful in creating a weighting system for tag prediction as my team moves on to that. My complete study presentation and write up can be found on the Research page of our website.

Tomorrow is graduation for me. I had a really great time working on this project and working in the field of eye-tracking was very interesting for me. I am excited to move into my career and take all this valuable knowledge with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment