Saturday, December 17, 2016

Week 15: 12/06/2016 - 12/13/2016

This past week has been really hectic with finals and graduate school applications. I worked on and completed my end of the year report for the CREU program. I also refreshed my memory on Spark Machine Learning, through a tutorial Dr. Lazar suggested we try. I looked over my notes from my summer internship where I learned how to use Spark Machine Learning for the first time. The Spark Programming Guide offers a more comprehensive tutorial on Spark ML, which I spent time looking over. It is easy to get up and running very quickly with Spark and it is comprehensive in the machine learning algorithms that are available. Spark will be an excellent tool for our data analytics phase.

I also finished seven graduate school applications this week! I am looking forward to getting feedback in late February, early March.

No comments:

Post a Comment